Bold Motivator's goals are the monetary goals you set within the app to display on your storefront. These goals show your customers how much they need to purchase in order to reach a specific goal.
Set the required dollar amount needed to unlock the goal, change the language used on the banner, and congratulate your customer when they reach the goal.
The banner will update to reflect how close a customer is to your goal each time they add something to their cart.
To create a Motivator goal, please follow these steps:
- From within the Motivator admin, select Goals.
- Select Create a new goal.
- Under "Step 1 - The Goal Amount", enter the Cart Total (dollar amount) required to reach the goal.
Note: Only cart total goals can be created within Motivator at this time.
- Under "Step 2 - Make the Pitch!", enter the Initial Message (your sales pitch).
Note: The message will display approximately once every 24 hours. If a customer visits during the day and comes back later the same day, it is assumed the shopper saw the pitch message and does not need to be reminded of it. The message will display to the same visitor if they view the site from a different browser or if their browser cookies have been cleared.
- Under "Step 3 - Follow Up!", enter the text you wish to appear Before the Balance and After the Balance.
- Under "Step 4 - Congrats they did it!", enter a Confirmation message.
Note: Motivator can also accept most HTML coding in its display banners. This can be used to add references to URLs, other links, or styling. Visit W3 Schools - HTML for more information.
- Select and complete the optional features:
Note: These features are only available with the premium version of Motivator.
- Select Save.
If there is no start or end date set for the goal, the goal will be active as soon as you select Save. You can enable and disable a goal by selecting the toggle next to the goal within the Motivator admin:
- If multiple goals are created and set as active, only one goal can be initiated in the cart page at one time.
Let's say you have three goals created and activated in Bold Motivator. Goal 1 has a cart goal value of $10.00, Goal 2 has a cart goal of $50.00 and Goal 3 has a cart total of $100.00. Each goal is offering a different size gift bag ranging from Small for Goal 1, Medium for Goal 2 and Large for Goal 3.
If a product that is worth $60.00 is added into the cart, the Medium gift bag for Goal 2 will be added into the cart and the Small gift bag will not be added.
In order to allow all products from each goal to be added into the cart, the customer will need to hit each cart goal individually.
- Only one product or variant can be selected in a motivator goal. This means that if you have a product with multiple variants, such as a t-shirt product that contains different sizes, only one size can be selected in the product selector as the free product.